Hello Everyone,

Pursuant to a lively discussion on Arachne a couple of months ago...

Just thought that some of you might be interested to know that on my flight
to the UK three weeks ago, I took my knitting along with me, and encountered
no problems from anyone -- just lots of amazed comments from fellow knitters
who were happy to know that security rules have changed.  I note on the TSA
web site that there is also a statement that tools necessary for needlework
(surely a rather broad catagory) are also allowed.

And from April 25 knitting needles will be allowed from the UK -- hurrah!
Those went in my checked luggage home and I would have given a lot to have
them.

I was surprised to discover that at least from the US the Clover thread
cutters are forbidden.  Apparently there is a blade inside that can be
accessed (darn if I know how) and is considered dangerous.  But scissors
with round ends are ok.

Apologies if you have heard all of this, I've been unsubscribed for several
weeks.

Regards,
Carolyn