I am a little naive when it comes to finding out how to save on various items
but this week I felt quite proud of myself.  My connection charge for DSL went
up at the end of my year long contract with SBC from $26.95 to $49.95!  I saw
in the newspaper that they will be offering a much cheaper rate to new
connections so I called the 800 number on my bill to ask if I qualified for a
cheaper rate.  I was told I did and that in future my bill will be reduced back
down to the $26.95 rate and they can go back two months in the billing so I
will receive a refund for the overpayment.  You can bet your life I will be
watching my phone bill in a years time to see if the rate jumps up again.  So
if you have a contract like mine make sure to check if you can get it back down
and get a refund.  Pity I couldn't qualify for the $19.95 rate that they are
going to offer to new customers. :-)

Are there any other agreements out there that I should be aware of?

Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA