Gentle Spiders,

Apologies for the snafu with the forward of what appears a scam (the school project). Like Carol, I usually ditch all chain letters, without passing them on. Like Carol, I thought: "well, this once, since it's for a friend"... The source, BTW, was a lacemaker and someone whose judgment and veracity I never had any reason to suspect, so it never even occured to me that it might be something fishy.

Last night, when I got the first inkling that the mailing wasn't on the up-and-up, I wrote back to her and asked her where she got it from. This is what I got in response:

I got it from a friend who said it was from a young relative
of a mutual friend (her son-in-law's cousin's kid).  I've sent your
message backward to the woman I got it from.  I'll let you know what I
hear from her.

So, both of us acted in good faith. And both of us are likely to be less trustful in the future...
--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/
Lexington, Virginia, USA     (Formerly of Warsaw, Poland)
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to