On Aug 5, 2005, at 17:49, Margery Allcock wrote:

Lynn (Weasenforth) wrote:

I wish to extend my apologies to any one that I may have offended, my
husband sent these to me and I just wanted to share. Again, my sincere apologies.

I can't imagine being offended by these. I laughed at them because they are
so true.

Same here.

Did somebody write to you and complain? It's not nice if they were rude
off-list - better to say it politely in public.  <G>

OK, so I will... :) Lynn? When you forward a joke (privately or on list) could you please cut off/reduce the "banner stuff" ("improving" quotes) that's not a part of it? Your DH seems to be excessively fond of it, both front and back, so when you forward a message from him, there's a lot of... Well... I don't know what to say, since "crap" is not likely to be well-received <g>

Each of the quotes is interesting, and some are even relevant (though there are a lot of them that contradict one another). But your Danny seems to collect them, then append them, fore and aft, without any thought (is he from Texas, where bigger is better?)

For the heck of it, I forwarded - to myself - your lace-chat message/joke "Believe it or not" twice: once as it came (with all the "hurrah"), and once as I forward my own jokes (the name of the source reduced to the initials, the joke without any quote marks, and my own signature to signify my willingness to accept the responsibility for flaming <>)

Danny's version (as it came to chat) was 6.7KB. My version (stripped of all but "meat") was 3.8KB. You may not think that 3 KB is enough of junk to fight about, especially given my own propensity for crap-sending.... But... I try to make my own junk *individual*, with every message; I do not send 3KB of *repeated* BS...

I am considering replacing my NO-CARB part of sig with something else, but it still is not gonna be 3KB-worth of proselytising. And, hopefully, it will still meet the "traditional" (it's *sooo* funny to have "traditions" in the PC world <g>) limit of 4 lines of "general info" per personal signature.

I still got 2 left to play around with ("the better to offend you with, m'dear" said the big, bad, wolf-bitch)... :)

PS And, oh... I agree with everyone else... The content of the "growing old gracefully" joke was not offensive in the least - how can the truth be offensive (except to the current White House administration <g>) ??? It was funny at least in part because it was true; there is an English word which describes the situation succinctly, but I no longer remember it...
--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/
Lexington, Virginia, USA     (Formerly of Warsaw, Poland)

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to