I don't think you necessarily need to worry about self-inflicted pain...  I
used to do that a lot as
a kid, and still don't think there was anything unhealthy about it.  I just
wanted to be tough and
to develop my pain resistance - I wasn't being suicidal or self-hating or
anything, and only used
methods with non-permanent effects (nettles were a favorite).

As for flying things, I have a childhood story about that too...  We had some
really old Christmas
hard candy that we didn't want to eat, so me and my brother put in out on the
windowsill (is that the right
spelling?) and opened the window so the wasps could get to it.  The wasps were
really happy about
it, and we ended up with *lots* of them crawling around our window for several
days.  We had a net
on the window so they couldn't get into the house, but we'd put our hands under
the net all the time
and play with them, and they never stung us.  To full of candy, probably <g>.

Weronika

--
Weronika Patena
Stanford, CA, USA