In a message dated 8/9/2005 11:50:54 PM Mountain Daylight Time, 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
it's *women* who are supposed to be the nitwits who spend the money without 
thinking (and do everything else without thinking). 

Something I read recently dispelled this rumor - if I can find it agaion, 
I'll send it to the list. The gist of it was that women (statistically) are 
much 
more careful shoppers than men are -- they/we investigate alternative costs 
and features before making up their/our minds, and are in general much more 
concerned about making sure they/we get "a bargain" and that what they/we 
purchase 
will meet their/our requirements. That is, in fact, the article stated, the 
reason why women typically spend more time shopping than men-- they/we are more 
careful about it, and they/we also enjoy the sense of ensuring that what 
they/we bought was worth the price, to them/us.  It also said that women do 
something like 80% of the spending in the US market. I'll see if I can dredge 
that 
article up....

Ricki
Utah

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to