[EMAIL PROTECTED] is the address but you have to sign on and I don't
remember how I did that!
Try sending an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  with a line reading subscribe
lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED]  If that doesn't work come back to me and I'll try
to find out another route.  You should get a post with the courtesy rules for
the board and the address for the archive etc.

Is this the same Sutton where the Cheffin's Sutton saleground is?  I think it
must be.  We go there a couple of tiems a year to their vintage tractor
sales.  My DH collects various assorted vintage farm stuff.

The circular sock machines are dating from the 1870s to the 1930s (there are
a few newer ones, but very few) and work basically like a normal knitting
machine but with a cylindrical layout.  Have a look at this website
(http://www.oldtymestockings.com/SockMachineMuseum.html) to get an idea what
they look like.
 We have just come back from the first UK meeting of
C(ircular)S(ock)M(achine)ers which was in Bournemouth.  We had people from
across the country and
Switzerland, the US and Canada.  An excellent weekend.  Mostly very expensive
buy on e-bay but we have got most of ours from farm sales and the like, at
sensible prices.  They knit socks and anything else you can think of that needs
tube.  They can also do flat knitting but only narrowish strips so for a
cardigan you'd have lots of seams :-(

I do and teach mostly bobbin lace but can do and teach needlelace.  I teach
most bobbin laces, but Milanese is what I am in most demand for.

I'm 54 and newly married since Valentine's day (corny, I know, but it was the
start of half term week and Richard's a teacher too) with husband #2, after 7
years together.  Live in Stamford, but would love to be very, very rural.

Bye for now, as I'm supposed to be catching up on washing and other boring
stuff after not being at home much for what seems like weeks now.

Jacquie