Having been an Enid Blyton's "Famous Five" addict (Julian, Dick, George, Ann
and Timmy the dog) as a child, I offered them to my children in the 1970s.
The only change in the books that I could see was that as England was now using
decimal currency, any time money was mentioned it had been changed to its
decimal equivalent.

Not a well thought through idea.  Even my children at six or seven years old
could see the flaw in the idea.  The conversations would go along the lines of
- "Mum, where can we go to get all these sandwiches and cakes for
two-and-a-half-p?"
"You couldn't get that anywhere now.  Don't forget those books were written a

very long time ago, before I was born.  Things cost lot more now."
"But Mum, when you were a little girl you had that other sort of
money........"

So we would end up having a discussion that two-and-a-half-p was actually an
old sixpence, and that what I could buy for an old sixpence when I was their
age was three sherbet fountains, or two Milky Ways (or whatever other unit of
currency they would understand and relate to), whereas now it was more than
that in new pennies to buy one of them.  It would have been much easier if the
publishers had either left well alone (so I only had one conversion to deal
with) or made an allowance for inflation.

Jacquie
whose introduction to a lot of books was big sis Malvary reading to me.  It's
one reason I learnt to read early, because every time the plot got
interesting she would get bored with reading out loud so she could find out
sooner what
was going to happen.  The only defense I had was to read it myself.