My dictionary lists the word four times with
completely different sources and meaning.  The second
one is listed as British Informal -- misleading or
nonsensical talk.  There's also a nautical term, a
backgammon term, and a word for ham.

I don't use the word in any of the forms, though I
remember reading it in books, probably from British
authors.  The meaning is usually understandable from
the context of the story.

Alice in Oregon -- sun, breeze, flowers blooming