We must be lateral thinkers (or something). We sometimes have a potluck with our lace group and mostly people don't discuss before hand what they will bring. We have always had a really good selection for the meal with no heavy emphasis on either main courses or desserts.

Malvary in Ottawa (the nation's capital), Canada

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alice Howell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lace-chat@arachne.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 1:31 AM
Subject: Re: [lace-chat] To those born in the 40's 50's and 60's

--- Carol Melton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

all 13 ladies had made
their very own
special Jello salad.  Each one was different.  Over
the years that luncheon was fondly remembered

You reminded me of the monthly potlucks at my
childhood church.   We'll always remember the one when
every hot dish was spagetti.  And the one when every
desert was chocolate cake.  My mother's cake was
completely eaten while some others were barely
touched. (Mom was known for her chocolate cake.)  Some
people were very annoyed when their cakes were passed
by.

Thanks for the memory,
Alice in Oregon