On 12/30/07 6:00 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

She is supposed to start eating again but doesn't want
to...

Reminds me of my last stay in a hospital.  After I checked
in, they brought me the default white-on-white meal, then
brought me a menu to select food for tomorrow.  I just
naturally picked the spiciest options.

Then they brought me *that* tray just as I was coming out of
the anesthetic.  After I waved it away, I realized that
there was a glass of juice on the tray and grabbed it; the
orderly gave me the dish of jello too, and I did eat it.

So the next day, when I hadn't eaten in days, they brought what I'd chosen the day before: one banana.

Of late I've been making desserts with plain gelatin and fruit-juice concentrate: pour a can of frozen fruit juice into a pan, sprinkle with gelatin, wait ten minutes, heat until the gelatin dissolves.

Seems to me that by using reconstituted fruit juice, and floating soft fruit such as pears canned in pear juice in it, you could make inoffensive snacks. Double up on the gelatin, and it can sit around at room temperature until she feels like taking a bite.

But with any luck, it's much too late for this recipe.

--
Joy Beeson
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/