On 1/19/08 7:23 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

. . . , there are a significant numbers (over 30) of
marriages in London and I am wondering why this would
have been?

Your description reminded me of the "Senior Trip" -- in the
early twentieth century, children in central Indiana would
spend a year organizing paper drives and the like to raise
enough money to take a tour of Chicago just before
graduating from high school.

My totally uninformed guess is that these couples went to
London to be married because it was the only chance they
would ever have to see the big city.

--
Joy Beeson
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/