Hello,

now I am back with news about Dorothee. 3 weeks ago she has been back for a
check-up
after her benigh brain tumor surgery in Dec. The MRT showed, that there is no
sign of a new
tumor and the area, where it was is in good state.
But the liquor is held back in one part of the brain, because the membrane is
clotted. So
Dorothee will have the same symptoms as before. In order to sort that out she
is sheduled for
another surgery on Thursday, 8th May. They will put in what they call a shunt.
This is a tube,
which brings the liquor from her brain under the skin to her chest/tummy.
Dorothee hoped to avoid getting that, but there is no real other possiblity.

The doctor said, that the surgery itself is not really complicated, but there
is a risk of getting
an infection. The nice lady doctor, who went to the brain center in Erlangen
for the first
surgery, will do the new one in our local hospital, where she is working now.

We managed to sort out the school problem: the doctor wrote a paper for her
saying, that
they should not consider her performings for a report. The head of the school
accepted that.
That means that Dorothee can finish this year at school and has to repeat this
class. This
helps a lot on the bureaucracy.

Thank you for reading and all your support.

Martina in Germany