Whilst sitting here quietly this Christmas Day evening, I just wanted to
wish all of you my friends, A Very Happy Christmas and a Healthy New
Year from Seattle, USA. I was just catching up reading some of my
E-mails, and I thought you would like to hear our Christmas story.

Many of you know that my husband and I have not had a good year, with my
Mum dying of mouth cancer (like I also suffer from), just before
Christmas last year, then immediately after Christmas DH was not just
tired and grey looking, but had cancer, which we were unaware of, which
he has now had his three months clear after all the chemo and heart ache
it gave us, and me staggering around on morphine refusing to have my hip
totally replaced until DH was on the mend, which I finally did, with
friends staying on and off for support and help. Then saying goodbye to
our daughter in law in July, who had followed our son over here, where
he had been working for many months, and is now based permanently here,
so all very heart wrenching.

Ten days before Christmas, I said out of the blue that there was nothing
to stop us spending Christmas over here and DH agreed, and surprise our
son and daughter in law, and a week later we were here, knocking on
their door. It probably took them the rest of the evening to get over
the shock of us actually travelling and being here, but they were over
joyed to see us which is the main thing.

Then as many of you will have seen or heard, it began to snow, and more
snow, and more snow, yes even today it was like blizzard conditions for
a while mid morning, but then turned more to sleet. However, as we
already have had an accumulation of between 12 and 14 inches of snow, we
have been out every day walking, to take the most beautiful snow perfect
pictures ever. I even have cut circles above my boot line on my legs,
from where one morning the top layer was ice, and unknown to me, I kept
saying ouch with each step, but only realised later, I have a complete
circle of cuts just like I have been cut with a wire, small price to pay
for the beauty we have been able to capture. Seattle area has not
received this accumulation of snow for between 12-20 years depending on
just where you are here. It has not stopped us getting about locally,
although sadly we cannot get to the mountains as the pass has been
closed so they will have to be for a future visit.

However, I have been so lucky and met up with one friend from Arachne,
since being here, which was an absolute joy to meet up, and hoping the
weather will allow another Arachne friend and I to meet before we return
home to the UK on the 31st.as the snow has prevented us meeting, but we
have been Emailing lots back and forth as we usually do, but it seems
good doing it when we are so much nearer to each other. I don't think
any of us thought we would ever meet up, but it just goes to show,
life's changes, also bring many blessings, and I'm sure we will remain
friends always, so we have Arachne to thank for great friendships.

Hoping all your holiday however spent, was as peaceful, and happy as
ours.

If any of you would like to see some of the snow pictures, please E-mail
me and we would be happy to share them with you,

Kindest regards,

Pauline

in Somerset. U.K.

www.wincanton-uk.com