Hi Deanna -

I used to have a pair of circulars that belonged to my grandmother, and they were all metal. The cable was actually a woven metal cable, and it was really stiff. My sister eventually adopted most of my knitting needles after I got married (and didn't immediately take them with me...), and so I have no idea where they are now. Not that I would want to use them, our modern needles are far more comfortable.

Clay