Does it give an update number? You could google that just to double check. Or you could check the AOL website for current updates
jenny
Scotland

On 7 Mar 2010, at 14:40, scotl...@aol.com wrote:

Advice is needed - or confirmation. I have received a message from aol
which I think is spam.

I have been told that my aol account needs to be updated if I want to
continue with my aol account.
The details requested - full name and address, date of birth, mother's maiden name, card number, bank details, pin number - suggest strongly to me that this is a con. There is no way I would ever give out my pin number,
not to mention my banking details.

As I write this I become more and more convinced this is the type of
message I have constantly heard warnings about but I would like this feeling to
be confirmed by someone with more savvy than I am..

Thank you.

Patricia in Wales
_scotl...@aol.com_ (mailto:scotl...@aol.com)

arachnemodera...@yahoo.com.