Whilst at my brother's tonight plotting for Christmas Day, the suggestion came up to have goose rather than turkey as he said "Grandma in Stamford used to cook goose and it was nice" (he is eight years older than me, and was born in Stamford - as were my two sisters, they moved to Birmingham with my parents the year before I was born so he remembers more of Grandma's brilliant cooking than I do - she was a cook in service and I well remember her Yorkshire puds!).

Anyway, if I can get a goose, how do we cook it? His is an electric fan oven (I've got a gas cooker, but have cooked with an electric ordinary cooker in the past).
--
Jane Partridge