If the owner of the copyright had given permission, the copy
would have said so.

Nostalgia time:  I used to put pieces of Jimapco maps into
my bike club's newsletter.  I always sent Jim Fisk a proof
of how it would look -- and on one occasion, he asked me to
rotate the "used with permission" notice ninety degrees.
Which was easy, because it was pasted on.

Had he ever said "no", I would have filled up the space with
something else -- but I find that if you ask nicely, the
copyright owner is too startled to refuse.

(Perhaps it helps that the "used with permission" notices I
composed always gave enough citation that the readers could
go out and buy their own copies of the map!)

--
Joy Beeson
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/
http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/
http://n3f.home.comcast.net/ -- Writers' Exchange
http://www.timeswrsw.com/craig/cam/ (local weather)
west of Fort Wayne, Indiana, U.S.A.

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to