Morning Spiders

'one without the other'... hmmm. We live only a mile apart from each other (rather like Clays message to Nancy...) Agnes & I used to see each other in the street years ago, and we'd chat over her dog. We didn't bump into each other for a long time (Agnes & Mike had the audacity to disappear to the USA or some such place....)

When I became interested in lacemaking, I searched eBay for some bobbins, and bid on some from a lady in Elloughton (Agnes!!) As I was so close, I went to collect them and we started to talk lace (as you do in these circumstances!) I'd joined 2 groups of lacemakers in the area - Wolds, which I'm now the editor of the newsletter, and East Yorkshire. Both groups meet quarterly, and Maureen (our teacher) is the chair of Wolds. I offered to take Agnes with me as she does drive but doesn't (should that be can, but doesn't).

When we're not at class, because we don't want to 'forget' what we did, we meet up over Agnes Dining room table with pillows and chat!! We also 'share' books, hints tips ideas etc.... oh and I now own a largeish supply of their bobbins, 'cos I think they're wonderful!!

I consider myself lucky to have found (or re-found) a lacemaking friend who lives to close, we go to the fairs together, and were fortunate enough to meet Margot last year! (Had fun, we did, looking at old lace and then having lunch with both Sheila & Margot.....) Looking forward to being able to meet up with Margot again this year! Margot, through this list introduced me to Sheila Brown, who was disposing of another friends lace bobbins etc. As I was driving around 250 miles to see them, I asked Agnes to go with me for company... Now Sheila & Alan are amongst our lace friends along with Margot and others on this group!!

So, Nancy, tell us about yourself, where you get stuck, your trials and your triumphs. We (well, the others...) will advise, help, we'll all sympathise, or share in your joys. Make you laugh, cry with you, remember when.....

Now you see why I'm the editor.....

Sue in Brough in East Yorkshire (Brough & Elloughton joined at the hip...)
On 21 Apr 2008, at 04:02, Bev Walker wrote:

Hello Agnes (and Sue, who also asked, and do I get the impression that Sue
and Agnes are not one without the other ?!)


To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to