Hi all
I went to Sainsbury's supermarket this morning, and amongst other things I needed some freezer bags. Not having my glasses with me, I went for the ones which said in large letters "Degradable".
Got home, put glasses on and read the info on the top of the box:
Degradable - Degrades 30 times faster than normal plastic
On the bottom it says:
These bags have been made with a degrading agent and are not suitable for
home composting or recycling.
No need to say, they'll go back to the shop next week, and in the meantime I am freezing my rhubarb in small boxes; and I'll send some querry to the company too to find out what this degrading agent is. This must be their excuse for being environmentally aware or something like that.

I do have a some compostable bags, but they are not suitable for using in the freezer.
What do you lot use?

Agnes Boddington - chilly East Yorkshire UK
www.sixpennybobbins.co.uk

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to