Hi,
a question from the more technology savvy.  I have recently bought an iPhone 
3G and am loving it.  The only fly in the ointment is that I have now got all 
my appointments and teaching commitments in one place and can't find out how 
to sync (ie backup, for those even less compu savvy than I am!) my phone to a 
computer calendar.

The iPhone accepted one for PCs is the Outlook calendar - but as far as I can 
see that depends on you having Microsoft office installed.  I have Corel 
WordPerfect and this is the very first time in 12 years that I have a problem 
because of it.  (I am actually surprised that Apple appear to have linked 
themselves so tightly to Microsoft on this one.)  Can someone tell me if it is 
possible to have just the Outlook calendar?

A Google search told me that the Google calendar will sync to iPhones - after 
downloading it I find that it may do eventually, but not yet.  I have also 
found one or two places where I can use either a free or paid for third party 
to 
(as I understand it) take the info from my phone and sync it to my Google 
calendar on my computer.  I am a little anxious about this.  Maybe I am not 
understanding how it works, but if they are able to access the calendar, they 
surely can access other info such as my contacts and notes that I consider more 
sensitive.

Any advice or first person experience on this would be appreciated.

Jacquie in Lincolnshire

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to