Hi everyone -

I've just gotten an email from the Southern Region Director who had more information from the IOLI President. See below...

Clay


Dear Fellow Lacers,
I received this email concerning the fact that the IOLI website is not accessible. Please inform others. I will let you know when the problem is solved.
Sincerely,
Adele Ward, Southern Regional Director, IOLI

Board members, this is to inform you that the IOLI website is down. Ron Soman, who ran the webhosting that IOLI used, passed away suddenly Saturday apparently from a blood clot in his lungs that went to his heart and stopped it. He was only 37 years old.

Mark is trying to find out who stopped the webhosting service that Ron provided, and how we can retrieve our information.

Debra has been learning more about web services than she ever thought she wanted to know. Choosing a service isn’t as easy as it sounds and it isn’t as cheap as advertised.

Several things that we have already learned from this experience. The next webhosting will be with a big major company. There will be multiple userids that will have access to the administration function of our website. There will be multiple people who know what the passwords are for key userids.

I have started working on disaster recovery plans, but I started with the financial part of the organization having no clue that we would have a problem with the website.

Please direct any comments or suggestions (or thanks) to Debra Jenny as the First Vice President and Mark Myers as the Webmaster. They have both already spent lots of time and energy working on this problem. And, they will be spending more time and energy figuring out a solution and how to implement it.

I will let you know what Debra and Mark figure out.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and for letting other IOLI members know what the problem is.

Shirley Stone
I.O.L.I. President



Agnes Boddington wrote:
Hi Tamara
Just tried their website, but had no luck either, just a message that it could not be found.
Must be down for whatever reason.
Agnes UK


To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to