Why men don't write advice columns
Dear Ted,
I hope you can help me here. The other day I set off for work leaving
my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't gone more
than a mile down the road when my engine conked out and the car
shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help.
When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in the bedroom
with a neighbor lady making mad passionate love to her. I am 32, my
husband is 34 and we have been married for twelve years. When I
confronted him, he tried to make out that he went into the back yard
and heard a lady scream, had come to her rescue but found her
unconscious. He'd carried the woman back to our house, laid her in
bed, and began CPR. When she awoke she immediately began thanking him
and kissing him and he was attempting to break free when I came back.
But when I asked him why neither of them had any clothes on, he broke
down and admitted that he'd been having an affair for the past six
months. I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from
his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly
depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave
him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. I don't feel I
can get through to him anymore. Can you please help?
Sincerely, Susie Fox
Dear Susie,
A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a
variety of faults. Start by checking that there is no debris in the
fuel line. If it is clear, check the clips holding the vacuum lines
onto the inlet manifold for air leaks. If none of these approaches
solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty,
causing low delivery pressure to the carburetor float chamber . I
hope this helps.
Ted
David in Ballarat
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].