Hello,
Last month I posted a query wondering if anyone could help me identify
a piece of what I thought was pulled thread embroidery done by my
great grandmother, who moved from Lithuania to Pennsylvania about 1900.
Several of you responded, both on and off list, and I want to thank
you all.
Thanks to your help, I learned:
1. That the piece is not pulled thread, but drawn thread work.
2. That it resembles Italian, French, Danish, possibly even South
American or Mexican work, but does not have enough distinctive points
to identify it by locale.
3. That this type of work was plentiful in the mid 1800s.
4. That I can learn more in the Th. de Dillmont's Encyclopedia of
Needlework, early DMC drawn thread booklets, and Alex Stillwell's
book, as well as in the professor's lace book archive at UArizona.
I've had a look at the archive and will look up the other references
when I get to a suitable library.
I appreciate your help very much!
Lois Mackin
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].