Hi Janice

CRB stands for Criminal Records Bureau. Basically they are checking the CRB to ensure that you've never been involved in anything 'untowards'! However, as someone else said this morning, it is only up to the date of the check, I remember when I had to show documents for the first one.... I got funny looks when I pointed out that the only paper they had in their hands which had not been a 'copy' was my decree absolute after the divorce. And that was only because it was embossed with the Court seal! All the others had been replaced via the internet because I could never find the originals!!! (Marriage, birth certificates, & my passport was due for replacing anyway!!

Crazy isn't it?!?

Sue in East Yorks
On 4 Dec 2009, at 15:05, Janice Blair wrote:

Sounds like bureaucracy has gone mad in the UK. Maybe it is an effort to raise more revenue for a strapped government. Hope it does not come to this over here. What does CRB stand for? Are they checking you all for "crabs"? :-) I used to teach in my home around the kitchen table but I made sure I had an Umbrella policy to cover any insurance claims should anyone fall on the path or do something ridiculous to themselves then come after me. I feel, as lacemakers first, we want to make classes affordable and so do not value our time as much as we should. I finally quit when my students were not doing any homework and with elderly ladies it was like starting over again each week!

Lynne, don't sell yourself short and subsidize the rent. Maybe you can find somewhere else to teach.
Janice

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to