Nice bright sunny day here in Ottawa, but of course we are used to the snow. The temperature this morning on my indoor/outdoor thermometer is +18c inside and -18c outside, but with a windchill of -29c.

As I mentioned last night the snowbanks along my street have finally been cleared and I can finally get my car out of my driveway. Problem has mainly been the cars parked on the other side of the street which have narrowed the street so much that I couldn't get enough of a turn to get the car out.

Anyway, I can now use the driveway again except that I have to widen the track a bit so I can get in and out easier. Activities start next week and I was getting worried that I wouldn't be able to get to my aquafit and teaching which start on Monday. I am only just getting back to driving after breaking my arm at the end of October so was worried if I was going to have to tackle big snowbanks to get the car out.

I haven't done as much snow clearing as I usually do because it is hard going with only one hand. Boxing Day was a day of freezing rain and we'd had about 20cm of snow since New Year's Eve. West of London, Ontario there has been 100cm of snow since Christmas.

So for all you folks in England I empathize with your situation. Hope it is all cleared away by April when I come.

Malvary in Ottawa, Canada
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to