I don't understand why they'd be called a flash which is *a sudden short 
burst*, when they're not sudden (a lot of the people I know gets some sort of 
'premonition') and not that short.  A flush means *to glow or blush, feeling 
of feverish heat* and describes the sitation exactly.

I am getting really bored with them, having had them now for 15 years.  I 
was on HRT for about 10 years but even with that I still had night sweats, 
and now I have been off the tablets for about 15 months, I am back with the 
daytime flushes as well.  I am also back with the real reason why I went onto 
HRT - before each flush I feel really sick for a minute or two, then that 
goes off and after about another minute the flush starts.  My GP didn't 
believe me about this (so I told her to wait till she's a bit older) , but 
several 
other friends have said they get the same.

I wouldn't mind so much if the generated heat reached the ends, but I am 
basically a very chiily person, usually with cold hands and feet, and they 
stay cold even while I am trying to loosen several layers of clothing to cool 
my body.

I hate the term power surge, as I don't feel at all powerful and the man 
(wouldn't you know) who first told me that term and said it might help me to 
think of them that way, got very a very terse response.

But does anyone know what the mechanism is that triggers them.  I can sort 
of understand when I am in the situation of going from cool to hot and think 
of it that my thermostat forgets to switch off, but what causes it when I 
am just sitting in a constant, cool temperature and the nausea comes on and 
then bang, where's my fan?  I am hoping that if I knew why I could out-think 
it.  In the same way as for pain, if I tell myself it's only electrical 
signals, I can pull the plug and reduce it.

Jacquie in Lincolnshire

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to