You could take the train from SF out to Berkely and visit the Lacis showrooms 
and museum.
http://lacismuseum.org/

I did it years ago but got there before they opened and had to hang around for 
about an hour.  Check out the times on the website.  I also turned the wrong 
way out of the station (before the days of Mapquest) and thought I had arrived 
but it turned out to be the offices, not the shop.

If anyone knows about any redwood bobbins please reply to the list.  I am not 
sure if all redwood trees are protected by law, in which case, that might be a 
reason I haven't seen any.

Janice
 Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org




________________________________
From: Erica & Ian McLeod <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thu, May 6, 2010 3:04:03 PM
Subject: [lace-chat] San Francisco...

We are planning to be in San Francisco in mid-late July, and want to see what 
we can of Northern California.  Given that it's going to be holiday time in the 
USA, will we be able to meet up with any lacemakers in the area?

The Sunnyvale Lace Museum will be a definite place to visit, but other 
recommendations would be very welcome.  We would like to see something of the 
"gold country" around Sacramento, and also to have a look at a redwood or two!  
(Does anyone make lace bobbins from redwood?)

If you could help with suggestions, please do contact me off-list...  Thanks!

Erica McLeod, in New Zealand


Erica and Ian McLeod
Coalgate, New Zealand 
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to