On 13/01/2012 11:58, David C COLLYER wrote:
>>>>Dear Friends,

this afternoon about 4:00 o'clock I received an unusual phone call on my landline. A woman asked me whether I had looked at my "computer management page" as they'd sent me a number of messages lately telling me I was spreading trojans and worms. In wondered what she actually meant by "computer management page"?? <<<<


Variations of this call are our most frequent 'spam' phonecalls at the moment. In particular telling us that there are serious security issues with our Windows computers. When we say that we only have Macs the call is cut off; same thing happens if we say we don't have a computer. I did once let the guy waffle on for ages, pretending to input everything he asked me to (I was bored and putting off a job I didn't want to do). When he asked me what I could now see on my screen I spelled out T H I S I S A S C A M. That also resulted in the phone call ending somewhat abruptly.

There are so many mallicious calls and emails these days, it's sometimes difficult to pick out genuine callers.

Lesley
Marple UK

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://community.webshots.com/user/arachne2003/albums/most-recent

Reply via email to