On 4/6/13 10:03 AM, David C COLLYER wrote:
This water is no good for soup and is often thrown out.
I strain corned-beef broth into a semi-disposable half-gallon container and freeze it until it's corned-beef season again. My spouse is convinced that I buy a better grade of corned beef than my sister does!
(She is a much better cook than I am, so I'm very pleased whenever I outdo her.)
The local stores stock corned beef only in late December and early March. The half-gallon container fits neatly among those that I use for flour cannisters, so the broth doesn't create a nuisance in the freezer.
Tourist season, when the mill is open for business, is only a month away. I'd better get baking and use up my flours.
-- Joy Beeson http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/ west of Fort Wayne, Indiana, U.S.A. To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line: unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to [email protected]. Photo site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/
