> A Harley biker is riding by the zoo in Taronga Park, Sydney when he
> sees a little girl leaning into the lion's cage.
>
> Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the cuff of her jacket and tries to
> pull her inside to slaughter her, under the eyes of her screaming
> parents.
> ...
> The biker jumps off his Harley, runs to the cage and hits the lion
> square on the nose with a powerful punch. Whimpering from the pain the
> lion jumps back letting go of the girl, and the biker brings her to
> her terrified parents who thank him endlessly.
>
> A reporter has watched the whole event. The reporter addressing the
> Harley rider says, 'Sir, this was the most gallant and brave thing
> I've seen a man do in my whole life.'
>
> The Harley rider replies, 'Why, it was nothing, really, the lion was
> behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger and acted as I felt
> right.'
>
> The reporter says, 'Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm
> a journalist, and tomorrow's paper will have this story on the front
> page...
>
> So, what do you do for a living and what political affiliation do you
> have?
>
> The biker replies, 'I'm an SAS soldier just returned from Afghanistan
> and I am a Liberal Party supporter'
>
> The journalist leaves.
>
> The following morning the biker buys the paper to see news of his
> actions, and reads, on the front page:
>
> SAS SOLDIER ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT AND STEALS HIS LUNCH
>
> And that my friends, pretty much sums up the media's approach to the
> news these days.

















To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to