Dear Lacemakers,

Just seen on pages 77 & 79 in the American magazine "Sew Beautiful" issue
#89, July/August 2003 (child patient of St. Jude's on cover):

A generously-cut blouse that looks like a smock, not tucked into waistband,
made of off-white linen front, natural-colored raw silk for the sleeves and
collar, wheat-colored raw silk for back.  Minimum shaping of front panels.

The white linen front panels have been made into a plaid by using 12-15 yards
of 1/2 inch wide commercially-available (machine-made) ecru lace insertion.
It has been applied using a serger, and additional lines of plaid markings are
made using the serger chain stitch.  People who sew probably have a suitable
pattern.  They say the pattern shown has been discontinued but alternative
styles can be obtained from:

http://www.designandsew.com

It occurs to me that this would be a welcome wardrobe item for lacemakers who
demonstrate -- comfortable to wear with slacks or skirt.  I can even imagine
the idea applied to a man's shirt, if you perhaps used a very simple
braid-type lace (not flowery).

The magazine is sold in most book stores in the U.S./Canada.  They show
subscription rates for Australia, New Zealand, Europe & Japan, so maybe it is
distributed to book stores in these countries, also.

http://www.sewbeautifulmag.com

Jeri Ames in Maine USA

unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED]