At 11:04 AM 8/9/03 +0100, Brenda Paternoster wrote:

>Sorry I can't help with Canadian sourcing, but you should be looking at 
>yardage fabric or maybe a good quality man's hankie which you can cut down.

I think that if anyone had a Canadian source, he would have 
posted by now.  If you have Usenet access, try posting a query 
on alt.sewing. 

A search of the archives of the Yahoo mailing list "18th-C 
Woman" might prove fruitful, since they make their shifts and 
caps of the finest linen they can find.  All the sources I recall 
noticing were USAian or British, but I have an excellent[1] 
source of apparel linen, and didn't pay attention, so there might 
be a Canadian one.  

([1] White hanky weight linen doesn't turn up on fabric.com very 
often, but when it does, it's cheap enough that you can buy enough 
to last until the next time.  The descriptions, however, are slanted 
toward people who think thin fabric is sleazy, so it may 
overstate the fineness.  But you get a picture large enough to 
count the threads, and there is usually a ruler in the photo.)

-- 
Joy Beeson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/
http://home.earthlink.net/~beeson_n3f/ 
west of Fort Wayne, Indiana, U.S.A.
where it's warm and sunny

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to