Wtih the talk about Liberty of London (I have an apple pincushion), and stores in New
York...  If you're ever in San Francisco, may I suggest Britex Fabric store?
Wonderful 4 story fabric store with lots of fabric for couture sewing (very little for
"home decorating" or quilting).  I was in awe of all the lovely woolens and silks.
The staff is also very knowledgable of fine sewing ... it's been a long time since
I've talked to anyone in a fabric store that actually knew how to sew, or get fabric
to behave like you want.  And when I found some buttons that would be "perfect" for an
outfit, only to discover they were $13 each (!) which was out of my budget, they were
quite pleasant in suggesting another button that was a bit less.  One more small plug
-- do you get the idea I had a great time? -- they speak several languages, so if
english isn't your best language, someone should be able to help you in your mother
tongue.
Usual disclaimer ... no relationship, just a satisfied customer who's bank card is
fortunate I didn't live nearer!

Beth McCasland
Metairie, Louisiana, USA
where it's warm, muggy, and might rain, again