I have been chatting off-list with a friend about the
wonderful lacemaking "goodies" made by Simon Toustou, who
lives in Quebec, I believe.  She asked me a question for
which I don't have an answer, and I thought I'd ask the
list...

Her question:  What does M. Toustou make other than pillows
and tables, and how widespread is his work?  I know that
people all over North America have admired and bought his
things...  But I also know that his production is quite
limited, as the work is so labor-intensive.   So can anyone
give us any insight?

I wasn't ready to purchase one of his lovely roller pillows this year at convention, so I bought some wooden bobbin holders from him. They are all in different woods and beautifully finished, and I'm enjoying using them on my pillows. I believe he also had turned wooden handled tools, but I'm not sure whether he made these himself or was selling them for someone else. I'm only saying this because I don't know if Mr. Toustou does wood-turning and to what scale if he does.

Don't know how widespread his work is, or how limited his production is, but the items he had at his stand at convention were all very lovely indeed.

--
Mary, in Baltimore, MD