Well, I don't want to rain on anybody's parade; and I do agree that Simon's
work is of superior quality and beautiful indeed. However, my own
experience was somewhat ambivalent: I bought a "portable" stand from him
some seven or eight years ago. It was certainly beautiful; and far from
portable (in fact, heavy as lead)! I ended up making a present of it to a
friend of mine who is a gifted lacemaker. She uses it, and loves it, and
finds it portable indeed. Go figure. (P.S. I have since bought a portable
stand from somebody else -- negligible workmanship, pathetic to look at,
but it weighs nothing, goes with me wherever I go to make lace ((went with
me to Convention!)), and so from time to time I think wistfully of Simon
and his beautiful workmanship, and settle in with my pillow on my present
piece of junk.  --  Aurelia