Many years ago I wrote a couple of pages, double spaced, for the news people who
appeared at a demonstration to interview me.  I simply handed her/him my "Press
Release." It gives a synopsis that clearly defines what I am doing as well as a brief
history and techniques of bobbin lacemaking as well as my qualifications and the lace
organizations I belong to.  I define the difference between tatting, crocheting, and
knitting.  I always give the reporter one of my cards and ask for a copy of the
newspaper if I am not a subscriber of their paper.  I have had a couple of newspapers
simply print my "Press Release" as their article...(Did I miss my calling? <g>)

When I am demonstrating, I also have tatting, crocheting, and knitting lace at hand
for those interested in other laces.  Since I don't do needle lace except a bit of
Tenerife, I don't demonstrate that type, but have a piece or two of Tenerife on my
exhibit board.

It is especially good to have a tatting shuttle on my exhibit table I can pick up when
the "Tatting Lady" stops by and says, "My grandmother did what you are doing (while
looking at my bobbin lace pillow) but she used a different thing to do it." I've heard
different versions of the same thing for the 25 years I've been doing lace...(^_^)

Betty Ann in Roanoke, Virginia USA