Having read the messages about the Battle of Britain panels,
I thought I would contact Hendon RAF Museum, yes I have
been there and did try and speak to someone about how they
were hanging the panel. The Museum not only have the
panel hanging in the museum but one in reserve as well.
This panel has been hanging there for 25 years with so
much light on it that it is a wonder that it has not fallen apart.
 I spoke to Andrew Simpson, Air Craft Department curator who said that
well it has been there for 25 years and is fine.  I then said, do
you know anything about textiles, the answer was no, they
only know about aircraft.  I suggested that they contact the
textile department at the V & A.  They did say that they were
interested in buying the book about the panels.  Possibly
selling them at the museum.  I have a feeling that nothing
will be done about the panels, they will just use the one
they have in reserve when the other falls apart.
 I did mention that other museums
are taking far greater care of their panels than they are
as they had taken advice on how to preserve them.  I
presume I will get the same response that  I got from
Kensington Palace, how dare people tell us how to look
after our property, we know more than you do, that is
the impression I got anyway.

Now off my soap box.

Jean in Newbury.