From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Annette Gill
Sent: 12 October 2003 20:18
To: Arachne
Subject: [lace] Ally Pally

Did anyone go to The Knitting and Stitching Show at Ally Pally this weekend?
I came away loaded down with lace books - it was my first chance since I
started lacemaking this summer to see a decent range of lace books.  I got
the
first of the Tonderknipplinger pattern books but I haven't worked out yet
whether it's more difficult than Bucks Point.  I've just started Bucks and
am
already on the lookout for other point ground laces I can attempt - that's
the
style I really love.  (I wish I could say I like Honiton, since I'm from the
West Country, but the motif-type laces don't appeal.)  I found a second-hand
book on Downton lace - has anyone tried that?  Are there any other point
ground laces that aren't too difficult?

Having spent a fortune at Ally Pally, I dread to think what I'll spend next
Sunday at the Tonbridge lace fair.  And then Birmingham next month...

Regards,
Annette, London