> Dear Annette,
> I've also done some Downton lace - again, not difficult, although
> traditionally, like Chantilly, the headside is worked on the opposite side
> Bucks.  But watch the Downton patterns carefully, as they occasionally
have a
> little Torchon technique or two thrown in!!
>
> Regards, Ruth Budge (Sydney, Australia)

I'm intrigued to hear of an English lace being worked with the headside on
the right, as on the Continent.  I suppose there wouldn't be a problem with
reversing the pricking and doing it the way I'm used to?  (the photocopier
at work can reverse images)  Or would that make life difficult in some
obscure way I'm not aware of?  Would the lace police come in the middle of
the night to take me away? :)

Regards,
Annette, London