Hi All, I have been having so much fun with my Needlelace!! So far I finished the class piece, made another flower with two leaves and have a third flower done (the last in orchid pink for me). I've also thought up some possible Christmas designs for small pins to wear. I'm hoping to get a number of small pieces done for Christmas presents. Lots more practice (and fun) for me and gifts done too!
I *have* to pick up a piece morning and evening. It's so much fun!! My hands love playing with a needle, it's like sewing on a thousand sequins and I used to do that a lot. The practice is helping. I still have some kind of mental block about the Pea Stitch but I found the hand-out from class so I will keep that with the NL. I keep thinking I know how to do it and end up with another snarl of thread. I miss not being able to write notes on my pattern. I guess I'll just have to do that before putting the contact paper on. On the second piece I buttonholed around 3/4 of a leaf before I remembered that there were supposed to be three more threads couched under the buttonholing : ( I've been getting reacquainted with my seam ripper. I am pleased to announce that I did get a leaf done with the Corded Single Brussels stitch where the stitched row is angled to the vein in the middle. I have a tendency to go up on the right side of the row (working left to right) so making the veins go down was really going against my grain (like taking that color test!). Thanks for all the varigated comments, especially about dying the threads myself. I forget about using vinegar or salt to set the dye. I'll let you know what I come up with. My plan was for a small area that would look like water with the varigated thread. You all have lots of good ideas. I can see that choosing the section of thread to use, instead of just how it comes off the spool, could be very useful in getting all sorts of looks. I'll give it a try on my sampler first! Jane in Vermont, USA where the bright yellow leaves outside my studio window make even a rainy day look sunny! [EMAIL PROTECTED] - To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
