Oh yes, Alice - you're so right!  She has her custom-made
"T-squares" which work for everything she does!  But what
she hasn't said (at least in a long while) is that she also
has a full array of spangled Midlands bobbins, which she
used when she first started making lace... until she
realized that Milanese was her "forte" and that spangles and
sewings just don't work together.  So long story short...
she now uses bobbins of her own design.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the recent
availability of square bobbins in the US is a result of
Tamara's numerous comments about the superior qualities of
her bobbins!!

Clay