From: Adele Shaak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> If anyone on Arachne has used this pillow - do you find the padded front
cushion to be any use?

Hello Adele, I made this travel Puerto Rican travel pillow myself a few
years ago. It looks really cute but, in my opinion, it is not very
comfortable to work on it, essentially because the front padded "apron" is
too small. I use small bobbins (continentals) but they are longer than the
pad. Now I have this pillow on a shelf, with a lace on it, but I only take
it to exhibitions. But I made another one, increasing the size of the
"apron": I made it about double long, so that the bobbins can rest on it. I
find this much more compfotable. I also made the roller a bit bigger, and
put it a bit lower, so that the bobbins don't hang so vertical and  can rest
comfortably on the "apron".

> taking your bobbins out of the dents, making your stitch and putting them
back
No. The dents on the sides are just meant for resting a few bobbins you are
not going to use, for example the pair of bobbins of the footside. The
bobbins you are working with rest on the "apron", no matter if you work
palms down or palms up. I have made my dents more rounded so that the thread
doesn't break when taking the bobbins out them.

> I would like to make a version of this pillow, but I intend to leave off
the front apron -
If you leave off the front apron, then you will use this roller pillow as a
mini bolster pillow, I suppose. And that's  something different.

I hope my opinions are useful for you. I can send you a picture of the
finished original size pillow and also of the other version, if it can be of
any help to you.

Greetings from Antje, in Guadalajara, Spain.

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to