Hi Spiders
Organised a coach to the NEC this year, a very early start for some as the
coach made its first pick up at 6.15 am but we arrived at the NEC just
before 11.00 am. The trip went without any hitches until we arrived at the
NEC, despite having previously arranged and received an authority notice
which should have allowed Alvyne, our coach driver to drop us off outside
the hall, as he has done previous years, he was not allowed to do this. We
were sent directly to a car park no shuttle service in sight, pouring with
rain and one or two older ladies who really did not need this grief, so had
to do quite a bit of apologising. I was not a happy bunny at this point  -
(have suffered a few too many fools this week!), but I thought it wiser to
avoid the organisers office for a while to allow my annoyance to subside a
little. I did have words later John ford was most understanding and
apologetic and told us that we could arrange for the coach to pick us up out
front - what fun that was - several NEC jobsworths didn't like that idea one
little bit, didn't want to raise the barrier - so my husband, to put it
politely, had words. I feel a letter coming on...........

Apart from this we had a brilliant day, as did the 34 ladies that came on
the trip. I was able to obtain some German hooded bobbins from
Kloeppelcentre Langendorf, which I want to learn to use correctly - anyone
got any hints and tips on this - I did miss the fact that there were not
more suppliers from Europe could this be to do with the Euro? Will just have
to make up for it when we go to Tonder for the lace festival next June. Was
able to commission some holiday commemoratives to be made with a couple of
the bobbin suppliers - looking forward to seeing the Golden Gate Bridge, a
cable car and Yosemite's Half Dome at sunset, Death Valley etc on bobbins,
brings back nice memories while making my lace.

It was lovely to meet up with Jessie Caunt in the afternoon, Jessie was one
of the founding members of Suffolk Lacemakers, earlier this year she  moved
away to be nearer her daughter, she is greatly missed by us here in Suffolk
but it is nice to know that she has been able to join a group local to her
new home and is still enjoying her lacemaking.

It was also a pleasure to meet fellow spider Korwyn, who travelled with us,
thank you so much for the card Korwyn, the tatted snowflake is just soooo
pretty, will hang it on our tree at Christmas.

Was it my imagination or were there fewer people there on Saturday, it just
didn't seem to be as busy as in previous years? We were able to stop and
chat with suppliers with a little more ease this year. Anyway, we had a good
journey home, everyone very pleased with their purchases and our NEC novices
really enjoyed their first visit to the Lace fair and are probably looking
forward to the next one.
Here's to the Christmas Lace Suppliers Fair 2004. Thank you John and
Jennifer for all your hard work organising the event and thank you to all
the suppliers who attend and make it such an enjoyable and  good hearted
day.

Nicky    a very tired bunny in Suffolk, where it has been beautiful sunshine
if a little cool.