Hi Jacquie

After reading your reply, I decided I should have included the part about
"right" and "left" picots.  I've gone back to Cathleen's book and started to
write the description she has for both and realized that the words are the
same but the diagram shows the difference!  I'll try to explain :)

She writes: (for both)
"Grab pin with right hand, and rotate the tip of the pin clockwise over twists
and into the pin hole."

Looking at the diagram, the difference is that for the right, the pin is
coming from the right, under the twists, back over the twists and into the pin
hole.  For the left, still using the right hand, the pin comes from the left,
under the twists, back over the twists and into the pin hole.

I'd be interested in hearing if you think this makes a difference.  I tried
both and they seem to be sitting lovely, round and "together"!

Jane
in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario where the snow is still falling, giving me an
excuse to stay inside and finish my Lacemaker picture!