I have become interested in the lace collections that were formed during the 
late 19th and early 20th century by wealthy collectors in America and Europe. 
I find an interesting trend in that biographies written during that era often 
mention the lace collecting of the individual whereas more recent ones do not. 
I think this is because present day biographers don't find lace very 
interesting and in their filtering process leave out an activity which the subject of 
the book actually found very interesting and spent a lot of time on, while 
playing up other facets of the persons life that have more resonance to the 21st 
century. As a result I am always looking for the oldest biography written in 
the hope that there will be more lace references. If people run across lace 
references in old biographies that they are reading especially about wealthy 
collectors, I would be interested to hear about them.
Devon

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to