snip...
 while trying to get the blue film properly centered
over the printed pricking, the static in the film made the
paper pop up and adhere to it... before I was ready!!  This
means that the film isn't quite where I wanted it, and, as
usual, I ended up going "grrrrrrr..." (or something
stronger.

 I wonder if some of the anti static spray would help. or rubbing the pattern
(or film) with used fabric softener sheet....
BarbE