Hello Devon,
In my opinion the worth of machine-made lace is a very personel one. There
are pieces who take your breathe away. Have you ever been in Le Puy and
there in the museum ? There you found hundreds of old machine-made laces
they look not only for the first but also for the seond and third look like
handmade. They are so fine and beautiful that you couldn't say they are of
no great worth even they have excist in greater amounts. Also the old
Plauener-Ätzspitze, this are broderie-laces, look so fantastique. But
museums in our country doesn't care of machine-made laces. And most people
think only on the laces on our underwear which are simple ones.
Greetings
Ilske