Thank you all so much for your idea's. We have tried magic threads and many
variations. The problem is Lissette is right handed but now only has a working
left hand. She cannot get anything in the small loop of the stitch. To answer
one of the emails, she winds her bobbins and does the hitch by sticking the
bobbin in between her bad hand and winding it round that way. Occasionally she
winds it in her fingers of her good hand revolving the bobbins but only for say
a odd one not the whole number needed as it is tiring. She loves her lace and
does it every day. I don't want to make her feel she HAS to do sewings. Any
people who live near her in Torrevieja I will happily pass your numbers on to
her. She does not have a computer (yet!)  Please truly try any idea's you have
using your left hand (if this is your main hand) to see if it is really
feasible. If one of you comes up with a truly good idea perhaps it could go to the
Lace Guild for printing. I just don't want to try numerous things with Lissette
if they really are to hard or don't really work. Her lace is her joy not an
endurance test. If need be I will continue to do her sewings plus a friend who
has just started lace and goes out at a different time of the year. Lissette
did Christmas trees and bells last year for her Christmas cards. She does lots
of book marks as well as little mats. She never seems to mind how many times
she does the same piece, I hate repeating my lace. People admire her lace so
she will make the admired piece again and give the first one to them. She is a
lovely lady and I am lucky knowing her.

         KEEP LACING, VIVIENNE, BIGGINS