Hello all -

Catching up on digests after a trip.  I ran down to Philadelphia to see the
Schiaparelli exhibit which was MARVELOUS.  (In my opinion, their exhibit
hall puts the Met's Costume exhibit space to shame.  It's larger, handles
crowds better and has an exhibit case down the center that allows pieces to
be viewed from front and back.)  I don't remember any lace but there was
lots of embroidery, and the construction of the pieces was amazing as was
the number of items on display (about 180 with about 140+ being clothes).  I
bought the 50-pound (as in weight) book but loaned it out immediately and
haven't yet looked through it.  One nice aspect of the show was the display
of Salvadore Dali works next to the related items of clothing--they were
often collaborators.  It was quite a treat to get to spend plenty of time
going through the exhibit.

As for melon pillow and carrot bobbins, it looks like something Little Grey
Rabbit would have used!             ;-)

warm regards,
Lorraine in frozen Albany, NY